Sunday, August 28, 2011

Well, ER....so we meet again!

Friday night, August 26, I had myself a little visit to the local ER. Before I alarm everyone, I am perfectly fine. But Friday night I wasn't so sure. I was vomiting, diarrhea, massive headache, stiff neck and low grade fever. All of these are signs of my migraines but also signs of meningitis. So, I took a migraine pill as I was instructed by Iowa. When my migraine pill failed to work, I went in panic mode. One of my post kidney transplant meds put me at high risk for meningitis. So, if I even think I might have it, I have to go to the hospital. This is the LAST place I wanted to go because if I didn’t already have meningitis, then I was probably going to catch something else in the ER. The ER was very quiet that night and they got me straight back to a private room. They did labs, urinalysis, observation and CT scan. Everything looked good in my favor and the ER doctor saw no reason to do a spinal tap.....thank you Jesus! So, I had a little scare but everything is fine. But I will continue to be on the lookout for any signs of Meningitis because that is something I do not want to mess around with!

Oh and before I forget, thank you to my HH nurse for taking me to the ER and staying with me until my mom arrived. I am so thankful for you and you went above and beyond the call of duty Friday night!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment